No products in the cart.
Jehangir Hospital in Pune has launched an organ donation initiative under the Digital Health mission Maha-Ayudaan by the government of Maharashtra. The initiative allows individuals to register for organ donation online until June 19, 2024.
Advanced transplant centre provides support
Under the program, Jehangir Hospital’s Advanced Transplant Centre will provide crucial support to individuals who are facing challenges in securing suitable donors for transplantation due to the lengthy waiting list. This support will continue throughout the transplantation process.
Online registration open
“Our state-of-the-art Advanced Transplant Centre uses guided protocols and innovative technologies to ensure that patients receive transplants using the most optimal procedures,” said Dr. Parimal Lawate, Gastroenterologist/Director Department Gastro science Jehangir Hospital. “We believe that this collective effort, coupled with the active enrollment of individuals, has the potential to make a significant impact on the lives of patients in need of organ transplants.”
To register for organ donation, individuals can visit Jehangir Hospital’s website or call the hospital’s transplant center.
How organ donation helps?
Organ donation can help others in many ways. It can save lives, improve quality of life, and give people a second chance.
- Save lives: One organ donor can save up to eight lives. This includes kidney transplants, liver transplants, heart transplants, lung transplants, pancreas transplants, and small bowel transplants.
- Improve quality of life: Organ transplants can also improve the quality of life for people with end-stage organ failure. For example, a kidney transplant can allow someone to live a normal life without dialysis. A liver transplant can cure someone of liver disease. And a heart transplant can give someone a new lease on life.
- Give people a second chance: Organ transplants can give people with end-stage organ failure a second chance at life. For example, someone who is waiting for a kidney transplant may be able to go back to work and school, and spend time with their family and friends.
In addition to these direct benefits, organ donation can also have a positive impact on the families and friends of donors and recipients. For many people, organ donation is a way to honor the memory of a loved one and give them the gift of life.
Here are some specific examples of how organ donation has helped others:
- A young woman received a kidney transplant from her sister, and is now able to live a normal life without dialysis.
- A man received a heart transplant and is now able to play with his grandchildren again.
- A child received a liver transplant and is now able to go to school and play with his friends.
These are just a few examples of the many ways that organ donation can help others. If you are considering organ donation, please learn more about the process and talk to your family and friends about your decision.